It’s Gonna Be a Busy One
- Take up carpet, pad, and hardwood – carpet to be adopted at noon on Saturday
- Remove living room, pantry, and front closet baseboards
- Remove laundry, bathroom baseboards
- Take up laminate and hopefully get it picked up by its new owners (who are being slackers and not getting back to me….)
- Rent dolly
- Move appliances for Installation Day 1
- Remove toilet (first time doing this – wish us luck)
- Paint behind appliances.
Flooring Installation Day 1 on Monday!
- Reinstall bathroom and laundry baseboards (since they’re already painted)
- Paint baseboards that go behind fridge and reinstall
- Move appliances back.
- Reinstall Toilet.
- Move furniture for Installation Day 2.
Flooring Installation Day 2 on Tuesday!!
- Move furniture back
New dishwasher arrives on Weds!!!
- Install dishwasher (and load it up and test it out with the pile of dirty dishes which will inevitably be in the sink)
- ENJOY THE BRAND NEW FLOOR!
SOMETIME IN NEXT WEEK OR TWO:
- Paint kitchen/dining/living room baseboards while they’re off, and replace a few damaged ones.
- Reinstall baseboards.
Whew. I’ll try to remember to take some pictures :)
Have a great weekend!