Recipe: Easy Tortellini Toss
For a quick and tasty dinner, this one’s a winner.
Now I’ll admit, this recipe was SUPER easy for me because I already had leftover ham, and a spare bag of spinach in the refrigerator from Christmas dinner. All we had to get was the tortellini!
Easy Tortellini Toss (A Pampered Chef recipe given to me by my MIL)
- 3 T butter, melted
- 3 T flour
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (yeah, no clue. I chopped it up small )
- 1 C milk
- 2/3 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 8 oz slice deli ham (1/2 inch thick – or just eyeball your leftover ham!)
- 1/2 t coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
Make a roux by melting butter over medium heat, then stir in flour til smooth. Add garlic and milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, ham and pepper. Combine tortellini and broth in another pan, cover and simmer 3 minutes. Add ham mixture and mix well. Stir in spinach; cover and let stand 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Verdict: YUM! EASY! CONTAINS A VEGETABLE! = A+